Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Mojo is back!

So...after not so much sewing being done around here the last 3 weeks, my mojo is coming back!  It's sizzling outside, so what better time than to sit in the cool indoors and sew?  Or read?  I love to read, and bought a new Kindle tablet last week.  My other still works, but couldn't resist the price, and I love a new techie gadget now and then.  Of course I had to make a cover sleeve for it, and this is what I came up with yesterday.  Easy peasy and made with scraps!



If you want to make one for yourself, here is the tutorial.

So what are you reading?  I just finished Miss Peregrines Peculiar Children....loved it and I am excited to see that a movie is coming out in September!  Now I am reading Find Her by Lisa Gardner...a thriller.

Finishing is not one of my strong points...I am always starting something and setting it aside because I have another idea in my head.  A.D.D!  Today, I am trying to finish a paper piecing pattern I am working on.  Hoping to get it done and do a quilt along next month...I will keep you posted.  It is fairly easy as far as paper piecing goes.  If you have a glue stick and an Add-a-Quarter ruler, you have it made!  Also, I like to use the Carol Doak paper for piecing, so easy to sew and easy to tear out.


I better get back to the sewing machine, so I can sneak off to the pool later on today!  Hope you are enjoying your summer....or winter, depending on where you are!

Linking up to: Main Crush Monday  Midweek Makers Freemotion by the River

No comments:

Post a Comment