Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tweaking a new pattern today

Clementine


The pattern has to be tested and tweaked...then ready to put in my pattern shop on Etsy and Craftsy.  I love to design and construct the quilt, but when I write the pattern, I freeze up!  Math!!! Anyone else have that problem?  I write the pattern before I do the actual cutting and sewing, so that helps as I can make corrections along the way.  The Pattern Writing Series by Cheryl has been an immense help and I refer to it often.



The fabric line is from Prairie by Cory Yoder of Moda.  Love her fabrics, and I have another quilt coming out using her new Sundrop line.  I really enjoyed free motion quilting this quilt...it is far from perfect, but I learn with each quilt and I feel like I get better each time.  It has helped me to watch YouTube videos and I plan to do the Free Motion Fridays with Suzy on her blog.  Practice is good! I like the brick quilt and it will be a great charity quilt when I finish it.

Sending you grace and peace.....

Sharon and Bella Rose


Linking up to: Fabric Tuesdays  Sew Cute Tuesdays  Midweek Makers

No comments:

Post a Comment