Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Stormy days and WIPS

Love to sew or read on stormy days!  Today I am freemotion quilting on a project for Moda Bake Shop....all that is left is to quilt the border. It is secret sewing so I can't show you much!   I did most of the quilt with a ruler and I have decided I really like this method of quilting. Also tried Angela Walters dot to dot method and I really like combining this method with my rulers.  She has a wonderful tutorial on her blog, Quilting is My Therapy.   And I highly recommend Angela's books, easy to follow ideas for free motion quilting.  She has a long arm, and I do not...so don't let that stop you.  I have a Janome 7700 Horizon and it works great for me.

Look who decided to take a nap instead of helping me quilt!



On Monday I had a lovely and exciting surprise.  One of the ladies at quilt guild congratulated me on having my quilt on the cover of McCall's Quilting magazine.  Yay!  I am a cover girl!  So excited to have my quilt chosen to be on the cover of the magazine!  It will hit the new stands on July 28 and I guess some with subscriptions are receiving theirs now.

Carnival

Hope you are able to check out all the wonderful bloggers on the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Hop...it is fun to meet so many talented and interesting quilters!
You can find all the links here on:
 Quiltingjet Girl,
Meadow Mist Designs 
Late Night Quilter...our fearless leaders!  And be sure to get in on the fabulous prizes!

Linking to:  Midweek Makers  FreeMotion by the River  Lets BEE Social

No comments:

Post a Comment