Sunday, July 10, 2016

2016 New Bloggers Hop




It's my turn on the New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop, so happy to have you visit my blog!  My name is Sharon...I am a wife, mother, grandmother, and a creative soul.  I'm happiest when I am being creative!  I love all things quilty and most of the time you can find me happily playing in my sewing room.  It is a happy place for the grand kids too...we have spent many an afternoon creating to our hearts content.  I am also a wanna-be artist...love to art journal and tangle. But I think my absolute passion is anything to do with needle and thread and fabric!





The rest of the time I spend reading, gardening, hanging out with grandkids, and volunteering.  Now that I am retired, my favorite saying is "I don't know how I had time to work!"  I'm just trying to pack in everything I wanted to do when I was working and didn't have time.  Quilts of Valor, Project Linus and CASA keep me busy as well! 

Why blog?  I had to think about that for a minute...for me it is an online journal.  It is also a way to connect and share with other creative souls. I am constantly inspired by all the talented bloggers out there.  

Yellow Cat Quilts is derived from my sweet ginger kitty, Bella Rose.  She is a constant companion in my sewing room.  Every quilt gets her seal of approval, I think she hope each one is for her!  Yellow Cat Quilts is also the name of my pattern company...which is still in the works. That is one of my goals this year.  
Bella Rose of Yellow Cat Quilt Designs



Favorite Quilts

Choosing 4 of my favorite quilts was hard...they are ALL my favorites!  Kind of like my children and grandchildren...love them all!  So here are a few of my favorite quilts....



Scrappy Baskets
This quilt was started back in the 1990's with some of my quilty friends.  We exchanged fabric scraps and made these darling little baskets.  Then they fell into that dark hole of unfinished projects and did not see the light of day until last summer.  I was on a mission to start finishing some of those poor neglected quilts.  I love how this turned out...so scrappy! 


Star Gathering 

Another basket quilt...I love baskets and stars! This block pattern was created by Linda Brannock. I started hand piecing the blocks in early 2000, and it is another that found it's way to the unfinished project pile of blocks!  I don't know why I waited so long to finish this...I love it!

Last summer, we lost a sweet soul, Linda Brannock.  Her quilts designs have always been a favorite of mine.  So I hunted for the blocks that I had made in a BOM that Liberty Quilt Shop had...designed by Linda.  Simply titled Flowers.





Quilting Tip:  Just enjoy the process! Don't get hung up on perfection.  I have been quilting for over 30 years, and in every class I take I learn something new.  Challenge yourself to new ideas...it may or may not be your cup of tea, but you will learn.

Favorite Book:  Love the Outlander series! It's hard to just list ONE book...I love to read. I love thrillers, Sci-fy, and a good mystery.


Favorite TV show:  Why Outlander of course!  and Game of Thrones and Project Runway.

Favorite food:  Chocolate!

What inspires you?  How do you get your mojo back when you lose it?
I find that reading blogs is a great way to get inspired.  Also Instagram and Pinterest!  Belonging to quilt guilds is great, too!

A huge thank you to our hostesses for the 2016 New Bloggers.  My hive momma is Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl, she is such a huge help and influence for all of us! If you go to her blog, you can throw your name in for a prize.  







Please be sure to visit the other bloggers this week, I know you will enjoy their blogs as well.
 Amanda @This Mom Quilts

Thank you so much for stopping by...and I hope you will come to visit often!  As I learn more about quilt blogging, I hope to add a Quilt Along in the near future.

Grace and peace....Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment