Thursday, September 6, 2018

Happy Go Lucky....almost finished!

A hug and thank you to all of you!  Everyone is adjusting to a new normal and we appreciate all the love and support you have sent to our family.

Guess what?  We can put our Happy Go Lucky quilt together now.  As you can tell from the pattern it is sewn together in sections, then the whole quilt is sewn together, and borders added.   I had hoped to expand this quilt to be larger with some extra blocks, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.  But I hope you can see how to make it larger, or even smaller.  I think it is fun to play What If?  Just place some of the extra blocks next to one of the sections.  It might not fit perfectly, but you can determine the size of the additional plain piece of fabric or another simple block.  I would keep the additional block simple, and maybe even a simple applique.  If you are following the Splendid Sampler II, the blocks are 6" and a few are applique and would make great little filler blocks.

Here are some of my favorites that I am thinking of adding:

https://www.thesplendidsampler.com/2018/06/21/rebecca-bryan/

https://www.thesplendidsampler.com/2018/09/06/the-splendid-sampler-ii-sew-alongirene/

https://www.thesplendidsampler.com/2018/06/28/the-splendid-sampler-ii-sew-along-helen-stubbings/

Those are just a few....have fun and make this YOUR Happy Go Lucky Sampler!







Perfectly Imperfect....
Sorry for the blur and crooked picture!  But I know you get the idea and I am looking forward to seeing your quilts!

So....You have until September 18 to finish your quilt....not quilted, just have the top set together.  Please send me a picture by email yellowcatquilts@gmail.com so that I can put up a quilt show on my blog.....and draw for the grand prize...ok?

No linky this week since we are finishing and sending me a picture.

And....I have the winner for Week 5!  desertsuz you are the winner! https://desertskyquilts.wordpress.com/2018/09/01/350-blocks-august-report-4/

And Bea has provided the PDF pattern for Susan to choose from.  Please visit Bea on her blog and you will see what an accomplished quilter and designer she is.  I love her EQ tutorials!  She has lots of fun things going on over there....check it out soon.

Now....keep calm and sew!

Grace and peace.....Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment