Tuesday, May 16, 2017

ART with Fabric Blog Hop

Art quilts...I cannot say that I have ever made one!  So I took the plunge and decided to participate in the Art with Fabric Blog Hop, hosted by Alida at Tweety Loves Quilting.  She challenged us to make a quilt using the theme Women, and to pick one of our favorite female artists and use her art as inspiration for our quilt.

My favorite female artist is Robin Mead.  I love her whimsical style and bold, bright colors. Robin's art is full of joy! She offers online art classes, and I have been fortunate to take a couple of her classes.  I also own one of her handmade journals, and have filled it with my own art.  We traded art as well, so I do own a lovely piece of artwork made by Robin.  It was hard to narrow down a favorite piece of art...they are all my favorites.  But I finally decided on Jubilant.  If you would like to see more of Robin's artwork, follow this link and check her out.  Robin Mead's Art Blog.


First I made a drawing using my computer.  I took this image to photo shop and changed it to pencil drawing.  I decided to first make a small wall hanging. 


I also drew a larger version to make one that is 24" x 24".  I drew a one inch grid on a large sheet of paper, making it much easier to get the size and placement correct.  After making this small version, I am itching to make a larger one!



This was made with fusible applique using a hand buttonhole stitch, French knots and a running stitch.  Embroidery is not my thing, but this was fun to do.  And my first attempt at a piping in the binding! This is made with mostly Island Batiks...dug through my scraps and this is what I came up with for colors.  


Hope you will visit the other art quilts on the following blogs....the blog hop lasts all week long!
Thanks for stopping by! 
grace and peace....Sharon




Spring 2017 schedule
Monday, May 15th, 2017

Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 

Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 

Thursday, May 18th, 2017 

Friday, May 19th, 2017 

No comments:

Post a Comment