Sunday, October 2, 2016

Quilting Mod Challenge

Earlier in the summer,  Afton at QuiltingMod threw out a call for a challenge she was hosting.  We each received a package of Art Gallery Fabrics Round Elements. The rules were quite simple: Those accepting the challenge must include Art Gallery Round Elements in a finished project of their choice. Additional fabrics from any manufacturer or collection are allowed. This is the first time working with fabric from AGF and it is a great fabric to sew with!

I actually started three different projects before I decided on the one that I wanted to use.  I will finish the others, but this is the one I have ready for today.  Some of you have heard of the #100Day100Block challenge that is going on.  I had started this, and loved working on the 6" blocks from Tula Pinks book....100 Modern Blocks.  So I veered off from the path I was on and made nine of the blocks, then set them in the shadow block setting.  I really like the way this has turned out!  The idea for the setting came from a previous sew along with Jen @A Dream and a Stitch and Janice @Color, Creating and Quilting and I just adjusted the measurements to my 6" blocks.  The pattern we used can be found here, just changed the measurements to fit my block.  The finished quilt is 31" x 31".  You will find all the block patterns in Tula Pink's book. My quilting was inspired by the photos in her book.




Here is the finished project!  Hope you like it!
Thank you, Afton for such a fun challenge!




Afton is having a linky part to all the challenges.  Run on over and check out the entries!

Linking up to: Monday Making  Oh Scrap

No comments:

Post a Comment