Thursday, August 11, 2016

Sewing under the dome

This heat is horrible! and I know I am not the only one that is sewing under the dome...I just hope everyone is enjoying some nice cool air conditioning!
Last week I finished a quilt with a modern vibe to it.  I had fun using my rulers to machine quilt it on my domestic sewing machine.  Don't be afraid to try it....it really is a great way to quilt.  I am not sure what this quilt will be called..so for now I am calling it Off Kilter.



On Tuesday our quilt guild had Gyleen X. Fitzgerald for a class called Trash to Treasures.  What a treat!  I am a sucker for rulers, and her ruler is great for making pineapple quilts.  She is a colorful, spontaneous lady...lots of fun!  Here is my block...I actually made 5, and it is addictive and uses up lots of 1 1/2" scrappy strings.


Here are some of the quilts Gyleen inspired us with....





The red and white really appeals to me...may have to make one for Christmas!

Hope everyone is getting some creative time in this week!  Stay cool if you are one those that are in the heat dome!

grace and peace...Sharon

Linking up to: Lets Bee Social 
                       Needle and Thread Thursday 
                       Free Motion by The River
                       Friday Fabric Frenzy

No comments:

Post a Comment