Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Lovely Blog Award

It is an honor to be nominated by Paige Alexander of Quilted Blooms for a Lovely Blog Award.  Thank you, Paige!  
Please go visit her lovely blog, too! She is such an inspiration to me.

The Rules:
  • Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to his/her blog.
  • List the rules.
  • Display the image of the award on your post.
  • List seven facts about yourself.
  • Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them.


Seven facts about me???  Hmmm....

1. I am one-half French...my mother is a French war-bride.  She met my dad, an American GI in Paris, married him and came to America.  She is now 91 years old.  I cannot imagine being brave enough to get on a big boat full of strangers and come to a new country, unable to speak the language.  

2.  Being a gramma is one of the greatest joys in my life.  Can't imagine my life without my grandkids!

3.  God does have a plan for me...sometimes I just have to be patient and listen, and hopefully make the right choice.  Sometimes it is not so obvious, but when I look back I know He has had His hand on me every step of the way....through tragedy and through happiness.  

4.  Art is my other passion.  Much to my surprise I have been published in two books!  Art Journal Kickstarter  and Cards to Canvas.  I love to art journal and tangle or doodle.

5.  I cannot drive a stick!  My husband rebuilds cars, and I cannot drive the Mustang that is sitting down in the garage.

6. Gardening is a cathartic endeavor for me.  It fills my need to create with the help of the Creator, and it soothes my soul.  Pulling weeds is like attacking that which offends me in my everyday life...without hurting anyone.  Sometimes when I have an issue to resolve, I can do so in the quiet of my garden.  This summer not so much...two reasons..dealing with a lot of back pain and the unbearable heat.  

7.  My favorite tv shows are crime shows...love to try to solve the mystery!  Right now, I am binging on The Newsroom (not a crime show) and love it.  
Even though it is not a crime show, I LOVE Game of Thrones and Outlander.

8. ok...one more fact...I love Blogland and Instagram....so full of inspiration and new friendships!

Today I am nominating the following lovely bloggers:

Amanda of thismomquilts




Thanks for stopping by today!  


grace and peace...Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment