Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May is for Makers

Recently there have been a wonderful wave of support for makers out there...and by that, I mean the designers of wonderful quilt patterns. Lindsey of LRstitched shared her thoughts and feelings regarding patterns.  I agree...I love all the free patterns out there...but there are a lot of great patterns that are for purchase as well.  And until you have tried to write and publish your own pattern, you really have no idea of the hours that go into it.  Today I want to share one of the patterns I just bought from Heather of Quilts Actually.  It is called Forged Steel and can be made from layer cakes, charms, or your scraps.  All three ideas appeal to me!  

Another favorite is Jelliquilts on Craftsy....love her paper piecing patterns!  I have downloaded some of her free patterns and purchased from her as well.  The flying geese appeal to me the most!


Isn't this fun?  I want to make a pillow maybe....

It's a very rainy day here...perfect to go finish some free motion quilting on my latest quilt design!

grace and peace....Sharon




















No comments:

Post a Comment