Thursday, April 7, 2016

Blogging on McCall's Editor blog today

So, McCall's invited me to do a blog post on the Editors' blog....at first I balked at the idea.  Thinking I had nothing to offer up...but then I thought, do it!  And here it is!


Everyday, my sweet husband asks me how the quilt for the Community Services League auction is coming along.  And everyday, I answer, don't worry...it will be ready in time!  I work better at the last minute, doesn't everyone?  Here it is...quilted and ready for binding...except I cannot find the piece I wanted to use for the binding, and may have to use a solid black.




You can get the pattern from the Moda Bake Shop...it is my Summer Garden quilt in a smaller version for a wall hanging.  It was fun to custom free motion quilt...I got my doodle on with this one!



After taking a class learning about paperpieceing from Eileen, I have been a little obsessed with it.  LOVE the Add-a-Quarter ruler and all the wonderful tips I learned!  You cannot see the background upclose, but the fabric is from Zen Chic of Moda and has all kinds of math problems printed on it.  Love it!  I named this one Every Which Way....because that is how math makes my brain feel!  Then I decided to try out my new ruler foot for my domestic sewing machine,  I am liking it!  And I have to tell myself that each one will get better...stick with it!! The little flying geese are from Jeliquilts and it is the free border pattern listed.  Very quick and easy!

Wishing you a peaceful week filled with grace....thanks for stopping by today!
Sharon

Linking up to Lets Bee Social.  and Fabric Frenzy Friday and Whoop! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment