Saturday, July 7, 2018

Island Batik Modern Quilt Challenge

My June project for Island Batik is finished!  We were traveling quite a bit in June, so I decided to hand piece the blocks for my quilt. I used fabric provided to me by Island Batik, and thread provided by Aurifil to quilt it.  The fabric is City Culture II and the background fabric is Acathus-Sahara from their Victoria and Albert Collection. Both are available in stores now.



This 10" Stacker worked great to create my Drunkards Path blocks.  I'm not a huge fan of curves, so I hand appliqued the curved piece to a 4 1/2" square as we traveled 2000 miles on our trip west.  


As usual, Bella had to give her approval of a new quilt!


This and That

So, what makes up a modern quilt?  I know that a lot of negative space is usually found on a modern quilt, bright colors and sometimes a different take on a traditional block.  I had fun playing with different Drunkards Path blocks and this is what I finally decided on.  

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you all are staying cool.  My yard is burning up and turning brown.  My flowers are still looking good with lots of watering going on! 


grace and peace....Sharon


Linking up to:  Main Crush Mondays
              Monday Making

No comments:

Post a Comment