Friday, July 27, 2018

Finishing!

Don't you just love it when you pull out a quilt that has languished for several years in the flimsy box, and you get it quilted and bound?  Well...that's what happened this week!  I actually finished two!  I'm binding them in the evening while watching tv, but they will be done in a day or two!



Angela Walters is having a Free-motion Challenge Quilt Along, and the design for week 2 is Concentric circles.  I decided to give it a try, and now it is my new favorite free-motion quilting design.  It is so easy!  I use my Janome 7700 to machine quilt.  
If you want to check out the quilt along, it is on Youtube and you can go here to find it. 
  


This is the other quilt I drug out of the closet....lots of scraps here.  Last week we found out one of our friends will be starting chemo this week for lymphoma.  I wanted to give him a quilt, so I went to the flimsy pile and pulled this one out.  It is a combination of walking foot and free motion quilting.  I love how it turned out! 

Last week I shared my pasta sauce recipe with you.  My son in law has so many tomatoes coming out of his garden he decided to try canning this pasta sauce.  I gave him my water bath canner, and look what he came up with!  That boy!  and my grandsons have been canning pickles! They know how to keep Gramma busy showing them how to can.



It is not to late to join the Happy Go Lucky Sew Along! Check it out here and come sew with us!


Hope you have a great weekend! It has cooled off here....more like the kind of summer I enjoy.

grace and peace.....Sharon 

Linking up to:  Needle and Thread Thursday
                      Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment