Friday, August 23, 2019

What have you been working on?

My goal this summer has been to finish up some UFO's that are hiding in my closets.  Do you ever feel like you have struck gold when you start digging through the boxes and find something you wonder why you did not finish it????
A couple of blogs I follow post their monthly list of goals for that month and I like that idea, because I feel like it makes me accountable.  It doesn't mean I will finish everything, or not start something new!



Hurrah QOV

Tomorrow is our monthly QOV sewing day....and look!  I have a finished top to contribute!  That feels great....and I dug out another one that has five of the nine blocks completed, so that will be my next QOV to work on and finish.  If you would like the pattern for this one, you can find it here.  Quilt Jubilee....lots of wonderful easy patterns to use for QOV!


Barn Stars

This is a pattern from the Kim Diehl What Nots club which I made up into 8" blocks.  While I usually like the tiny blocks, for some reason I decided to draft it out larger.  


This little quilt is one of the offerings from the Sew Sampler box from the Fat Quarter Shop.  I have a whole stack of boxes waiting for me to start sewing up!  I'm pretty sure that I will never ever run out of anything to do!  I made this one up using less blocks, as once I made all the blocks I decided that it was to large for the space I want to hang it in. 




I love Gyleen Fitzgerald's Pineapple ruler....it can be quite addictive!  And the great thing is I am using up lots of scraps!  Anything goes!  Now why isn't that big bag of 1 1/2" strips growing smaller?????

so....here is that list I made for August.....
1. Coming Home BOM, finish this months applique on the houses.
2. Build A Quilt (BAQ) with Quilting is my Therapy.  Work on finishing kit borders and August block.
3. quilt and bind Phillip's t-shirt quilt
4. Finish a QOV   ****** Done
5. Quilt a Project Linus project
6. Finish one UFO    ***** two are ready to quilt!
7. Write pattern and sew the new Star Crossing quilt pattern.  Priority!

While I have been sewing on all seven of the list, only 2 are really done.  But....no problem....move them on the September list!!!


Star Crossing
Getting my blocks made for my newest pattern, Star Crossing.  I will probably finish sewing all the blocks together into the quilt top today.  

Is anyone ready for fall?  I am....it's my favorite time of year, and I LOVE to decorate for fall.  I do hate to see summer go...I like hot weather, but not the nasty humidity that comes with it!  Enjoy your weekend!  I'm off to the BMX track tonight to watch my 11 year old grandson race.






grace and peace...Sharon


5 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have some lovely, fun projects in the works! Doesn't it feel good to have two done? I love Kim Diehl fabrics, and those stars are so nice! Enjoy spending time with your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great projects! These will really look so wonderful when finished. So I'm crossing fingers and sending lots of good mojo that you get them done! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2FA setup error in Binance account
    Every service deals with pros and cons, so is the case with Binance. These users might face severe problems with 2fa setup and errors in Binance account. The best way to handle such this errors, you can always knock the door of the elite customer executive who are ever ready to resolve your issue. All you have to do is dial Binance support number and get the best-suitable and accessible remedies of your issues instantly in precise manner. The customer experts are master in their field and can easily fix all the complex issues in no time in trouble free manner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The real question is ... where are YOU, and what are you doing? I came looking to see, but ... you are MIA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often. Diversity

    ReplyDelete