Tuesday, August 21, 2018

It's Week 5 of Happy Go Lucky!

How did we get here so quickly?  It looks like everyone is sewing right along, and guess what?  We almost have all the blocks made!

This week is super easy....make some flying geese and catch up if you need to.  I am having a rough health week, and will share what is going on in a later post.  For now I am putting one foot in front of the other, and I know....I KNOW that God does make all things possible....in His time, not mine.
Enough of that!  On to the important and fun stuff!!!



My pattern gives you the super easy and simple way to make flying geese, but it is not the only way.  No matter what method I use, I always, always trim.  My favorite tool is the Wing Clipper by Deb Tucker.  It was my first ruler purchase from Deb and I am sold on every single one that I have purchased since that time!  Her instructions use the No-Waste Method, and you do not have to have a special ruler to use the No-Waste Method, I just happen to like it!

Here is a chart I found on a great website called Suzy Quilts.  Check out this article she wrote...I direct you there because I could not have done it any better!


She shared some fabulous quilts using the flying geese blocks, be sure to check them out.  My husband swears that every quilt I make has flying geese in it.  It is one of my favorite and versatile blocks.  He might be right!!!


Walkabout


 Winter Migration


 Gypsy

Paper piecing for flying geese

 Molly's Quilt


Paper piecing is an option!


Winter Solstice

The winner for week 3 is:  desertsuz
Our prize comes from Pamela Boatwright of Pamela Quilts. Check out her wonderful patterns on Craftsy! A big thank you, Pam, for donating one of your lovely PDF patterns.   


Be sure to visit her blog!


And I love seeing your progress, so please link up right here or on Instagram with the hash tag #happygoluckysal to be eligible for a prize this week.



grace and peace....Sharon and Bella











No comments:

Post a Comment