Saturday, January 20, 2018

It's a bit fishy to me.....

This week has been a good week to stay in and sew....I think all over the country, even in south Texas where its supposed to be nice and warm!  Let's hope that the freeze warnings are a thing of the past now!

So...this is what I am working on.  A good friend of mine asked me to make a quilt for her new grand-baby coming in March, and the nursery has an underwater theme.  So of course I said yes!  A few weeks later she sent me a copy of the sonogram...there were 2 little beans.  Twin boys!  And of course I am happy to make 2 quilts...why not?  So far, this is what I have:





Today I will applique around the edges by machine.  I think it is pretty cute!  Still need to add some seaweed and maybe a lobster or a crab or a starfish.....what do you think?  You can find the pattern here on Craftsy.  Very simple and you can put whatever you want in the white space.  I have EQ 8 and was able to print off applique templates from there and draw some on my own.

Then I will go for a walk in the sun and sit in the sun to finish a book I am reading.  "Before We Were Yours" is what I am currently reading.  It's fiction, but the events are true.  It's amazing story so far.

Hope your weekend is shaping up with some sewing, and don't forget to continue on the Island Batik Four Seasons blog hop next week.  Last week was Spring...this week Summer.  Here is the schedule for you to follow:

SUMMER




 And, you can still comment and win a prize from me if you go to my previous blog post.  My patterns will continue to be on sale for $5 until the end of January, too.

Grace and Peace....Sharon

Linking to:  Whoop! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment