Thursday, August 10, 2017

Making Cat Faces

Last Friday, our Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild had a great time in class with Melissa Alverino making cat faces.  It was such a relaxing, freeing process for me.  Just needed a glue stick, a pair of scissors and scraps of fabric, with a bit of imagination.  Here is what I came up with.....



In the planning and playing process with scissors, glue stick and fabric...Island Batik to be exact!





And I finished one of my cats into a 16" pillow...Meet Bailey.  After designing and glueing down the fabric pieces, I layered the piece with a backing and batting, dropped the feed dog and did free motion quilting to stitch the pieces down.  My grand daughter is here at Camp Gramma...I think we will give it a try tomorrow and see what she comes up with!

And I am participating in Angel Gnome's Gypsy Wife Sew Along, I have long admired this quilt, so thought I needed to join!  I doubt that I keep up...too many things going on, but I will try!

 I really do not have a plan for the fabrics I will use...is that a bad thing?  I have put several of my favorites in a box and just go with it...hope that works out!

Hope your week is amazing and filled with grace and doing what makes you happy!
grace and peace....Sharon

Linking up to:  Needle and Thread Thursday

                               Lets Be Social

No comments:

Post a Comment