Wednesday, March 22, 2017

March Mini Madness




For the month of March, the Island Batik Ambassadors were assigned the task of making a mini quilt 24 x 24 or less, using foundation piecing or English Paper Piecing.  My mini is a combination of both piecing methods, as I love to do both.  So I played around in EQ7 and here it is.


This is my EPP block...it measures 6".  I pieced the star, then appliqued it down to the block.


           Here is my paper pieced compass block which measured out at 12".


And here is my little quilt...all finished!  My husband has long desired a Mariners Compass quilt, so here is one for him.  The little light house blocks were purchased several years ago and I thought this would be a great place to use them.  So glad I un-earthed them!  They were made by Island Batik as well.


I love  being an Island Batik Ambassador...the challenges are great fun!  Check out some of the other Ambassadors and see what kind of mini-madness they have been up to!

Nan from Purrfect Spots Designs
Turid from Den Syende Himmel
Stephanie from Quilt’n Party
Pamela from Pamela Quilts
Anna from Ark Angel Creations
Kathy from Kathy’s Kwilts and More
Jessica from Desert Bloom Quilting
Connie from Freemotion by the River
Kate from Seams Like a Dream
Sharon from Yellow Cat Quilt Designs
Tina from Quilting Affection Designs
Jennifer from The Inquiring Quilter
Barb from Bejeweled Quilts
Sally from Sally’s Quilting Corner
Jeanette from Inch Worm Fabrics
Connie from Kauffman Designs
Joan from Moosestash Quilting
Bernadine from Needle and Foot
Bea from Beaquilter
Cheryl from Cheryl Lynch Quilts
Maryellen from Mary Mack’s Blog
Joyce from Hearts Creations
Marlene from Kissed Quilts
Karen from The Quilt Rambler
Marian from Seams to be Sew
Laura from Slice of Pi Quilts
Linda from Inspired Layers
Vicki from Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting
Nancy from Masterpiece Quilting
Carol from FunThreads Designs
Terri from Meanderings Along Lizard Creek
Alison from Little Bunny Quilts
Suzy from Adventurous Applique and Quilting
Jean-Sophie from Sophie Junction
Janet from Whispers of Yore


Linking to:  Midweek Makers  Freemotion on the River

No comments:

Post a Comment