Monday, July 1, 2019

One thing...a finish!

It's stinking hot here in Missouri!  Trying not to complain as I would rather have this than below zero.


Last week I decided to try to finish one thing every week.  I did not make a list or anything, maybe I should?  So....ta da!  A finish! and it is quilted!
Last summer, I made all these hexies and when I saw the Enduring Legacy quilt by Sherri McConnell, I knew I had to make it.  It was in the June 2018 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting.  Such a fun quilt to make, and I used scraps and stash!  The only fabric I purchased was the backing.


I love hand stitching projects...it's a sort of meditation for me and a great way to relax.  What about you?  Are you working on a hand stitching project?  

Wishing you a happy and safe Fourth of July! 

grace and peace...Sharon

Linking up with: Oh Scrap!
                            Monday Making

5 comments:

  1. I've always got a hand stitching project going. I like that modified gramma's garden that you finished.
    It is hot here too in California - it just seems to suck the life right out of ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make it hard to go outside! I like having a hand stitching project going so I can take it with me.

      Delete
  2. Sweet quilt, and it's always great to hand stitch, so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do make hexie flowers for fun and future applique to a quilt Using scraps of course. so I have a box with supplies I carry with me hither and yon.
    Your quilt is so cute. I love it. Well done
    It is hot here in Northern Virginia and a bit humid. I hate it bc it makes me cranky when I am sweaty and bugs think I taste good.
    I like winter bc I can always put clothing on, but summer - no can do.
    Happy 4th

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish! A very sweet quilt. I laughed at your question about a hand stitching project. I have a quit top I have been hand quilting for years! About a year ago I dragged it out again and every week I get some stitches into. I'm almost halfway done with the border. But soon I'll need to start on the grand's Christmas ornaments and the quilt will once again go by the wayside. Oh well. Congrats on the finish-a-week plan. Hope you see a lot of finishes this month!

    ReplyDelete