Friday, November 30, 2018

Cozy Log Cabins Challenge with Island Batik



This month, we are challenged to play with log cabins, so I had to do one of my favorite variations of a log cabin block...the pineapple block!  One of my favorite tools to make this block is Gyleen Fitzgerald's Pineapple tool.  It is so easy to use!  

I used Island Batik Alpine Jingle cut into 1 1/2 inch strips to make my pineapple, starting out with a 2 1/2" square.  Made 9 blocks and sashing is 1 1/2".  Then, with the leftover fabric, I started on my December challenge...wonky and whimsical...making wonky 6" x 8" tree blocks.  While they were on the design wall they started to mingle, and I decided I had to use them for my border.  I'm glad I did, as it turned out to be a fun quilt!  

At Thanksgiving, I gifted it to my sister, and it hangs on her dining room wall.



Stay tuned for more holiday inspiration coming soon!

grace and peace.....Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment