Friday, December 22, 2017

Charcoal Mittens for you----it's winter here!

This month I really looked forward to the project for Island Batik....Table Scraps. When I saw the Alpine Ice fabric in my box, I knew that would be my winter table topper. The blues and grays are perfect for the winter season that is upon many of us.  I hate putting away my Christmas decorations, so I always leave out all the snowmen to brighten up January.
What about you?


Charcoal Mittens

As you can see, I need your help and advice!  I have been sick with some kind of throat virus, so it has slowed me way down, and I have an un-quilted quilt here.  Plus my brain is in a bit of a fog, so I need some ideas on how to quilt this.  

Here is the basic square that this quilt starts out with.  I found the idea in the 2016 BHG Christmas Quilts and More, and it was made up into a lap quilt.  I want to share the pattern with you, but cannot find an online version to link you to, so I will give you some measurements and let you take it from there.  


Cutting instructions for the 15" square.


I made four of these and placed them together as shown below.  You could also make 3 and make a long table runner.


For the border, I cut (64) 2 1/2" squares, and sewed together in 2 strips of 15 and 2 strips of 17.

I am not sure how to give you a download of the applique pieces here, if you have EQ you will find mittens and snowflake patterns there.  And, maybe other patterns or a childs coloring book would be of help.  I am going to see what I can do to upload the applique pieces this week, or I can email to you if you send me a note.  yellowcatquilts@gmail.com


Wishing you a blessed and peace filled Christmas with those you love.....

Sharon


                  Whoop! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment