Monday, October 9, 2017

Fall Harvest....Creative Borders and Bindings

For October, Island Batik challenged the Ambassadors to create something with creative borders and bindings.  It was a great creative challenge for me! I dug through my beautiful Island Batik scraps, got into my EQ7 program, and came up with a new fall wall-hanging.


Fall decorating with Pumpkin Harvest



Fall Harvest


I love using my Split Rec tool by Deb Tucker.  It made this quilt a breeze to make!  In the borders I used my V Block tool, also a ruler by Deb Tucker.  These easy blocks are scattered randomly around the border with some Prairie Points.  Running out of fabric for binding caused me to be thankful for needing a creative binding...so I stitched various lengths together to create a fun scrappy binding!

Being an Island Batik Ambassador is really a fun gig!  We get to play with gorgeous fabrics and meet lots of new friends! 



It's a gorgeous fall day again....my flower beds are calling me to come give them some much needed attention.  But I really want to go start my next Island Batik Challenge!  What should I do?????

grace and peace....Sharon


linking to: Main Crush Monday  Free Motion by the River


No comments:

Post a Comment