Saturday, April 15, 2017

Scraps of goodness

Over at Confessions of A Fabric Addict, Sarah is sponsoring the 7th Hands2Help Charity Challenge. 
When I found out about it, I decided to participate...I love making quilts for a good cause and I love to use up my scraps.  If you ever want to make a quilt .... "just because" ....I can't think of a better way to use up scraps and fulfill a need.




So...I had a few scraps leftover from a quilt I made, cut it into 1 1/2" strips and made some more pineapple blocks.  May I say I LOVE pineapple blocks?  Especially now that I have this great ruler made by Gyleen Fitzgerald. Did I say I am a sucker when it comes to rulers???? This tool or paper piecing are my favorite method to use for pineapples.
Her book is a treasure as well....Trash to Treasure.  Ever since I took her wonderful class, I have been saving 1 1/2" strips in a big sack so that I can just sit and make pineapple blocks whenever the mood strikes.

This week Sarah is having a linky party of all the quilts that are being made for charity.  Check it out...you will be inspired!

Linking to: Scraptastic Tuesday
Hands2HelpCharityQuilts

No comments:

Post a Comment