Thursday, February 9, 2017

Island Batik Ambassador

I am thrilled to announce that I have been accepted as an Island Batik Ambassador for 2017!  It all begins with an amazing box of gorgeous fabrics and thread from Aurifil and Superior.  Now how much fun is that?  Opening that box yesterday was more fun than Christmas!



The beautiful, 100% cotton from Island Batik is hand dyed by fabric artists in the garden valley of Sanur, Bali.  The batik technique, an art from that has been passed down from generation to generation, is thousands of years old, and culminates into stunning fabric.  At times there may be slight variations or small imperfections in the hand dyed fabric, which I feel only adds to the beauty and uniqueness.  I am looking forward to sewing up some special projects with this fabulous fabric!

 


This month we have been given a great charity project....small kennel quilts for our adorable furry friends.  We are making these in conjunction with  The Quilt Pattern Magazine and the Petfinder Foundation, These Small Kennel Quilts have been made for use at shelters for pets in need. The quilts are made from 100% cotton. They can be used by cats or small dogs.

Just so Bella won't feel left out, I am making one for her as well!  This is a sketch for the little kennel quilt I am working on.  In the next few days I will provide a pattern for it.  I think these blocks would also make an adorable baby quilt...what do you think?



Have a wonderful week!  
grace and peace.....Sharon
T

No comments:

Post a Comment